Class Visits by a Librarian
- General library overview for students (all grades): learn about your public library, how to use it, and what amazing things are there for students and families. For younger grades, a themed storytime is included. Older grades (grade 4 and up) may include information about online resources and a Create It! Space demonstration. 30 minutes.
- Introduction to online research (Grades 6-12): Learn how to use the library’s online resources to help with any class project or paper. Can also include information literacy lesson in evaluating online sources. 20-40 minutes.
- Booktalk! (all grades): inspire your students to read with a fun conversation led by the librarian about the newest books for their grade or a theme/genre of the teacher’s choice. 20 minutes.
Classes of all ages can tour the Redding Library and find out what goes on behind the scenes of a public library! Tours must be scheduled 1-month in advance and may also include:
- Storytime for younger students
- Makerspace demonstration (Create It!)
- Online resources or local history research workshop (upon request)
If you would like to pick up student library cards suring the tour, library card applications must be turned in (signed and completed) by ten days before your scheduled tour. In the case of a late applications, library cards will be made available for pick up within 10-days after the tour.
Contact us to set up a library tour.
Student Library Card Initiative
Shasta Public Libraries is proud to partner with many school districts in Shasta County to provide their students with a unique student library card. We want all young learners to have access to our resources, both in the library and online. If you would like your students to be part of this county-wide initiative, please contact our Educational Services Librarian.