Welcome to Summer Reading at Shasta Public Libraries!
Reading and literacy are important, and we want to encourage everyone to keep reading even when school is out. Our summer reading program helps you keep up literacy and prevent the summer slide with fun events and prizes! Read with us this summer from June 1st to July 31st.
Sign Up Here & Read For Prizes
Read and Win Prizes!
- Sign Up for Summer Reading!
Adults: Read a book.
Kids: Read the required number of minutes.
- Pre-Readers (ages 0-5) – each section is 75 minutes
- Kids (ages 6-12) – each section is 100 minutes
- Teens (ages 13-18) – each section is 2.5 hours
- Fill out the reading log (online or pick up a paper log at the library).
- Submit & repeat!
All reading logs must be turned in by July 31st at 11:59pm
- Adults: All entries go into the Grand Prize Drawings.
- All Youth: Each section finished will get you entries in the Raffle.
- Pre-Readers & Teens: Finish the first 2 sections and receive prizes.
- Kids: Finish the first 4 sections and receive prizes.