Fill out the form below or download the printable form and bring it to the library to register.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK FOR BURNEY ACCESS USE OF THE BURNEY LIBRARY
I am eighteen years of age or older and have voluntarily applied to request access to the Burney Library located at 37116 Main Street, Burney, CA. This is a Release of Liability and Assumption of all Risk Agreement (“Release”). Read it carefully and agree below.
Completion of this Release is a prerequisite to participation in Burney Access offered by the City of Redding (“City”). This release essentially says that I am voluntarily participating in Burney Access as specified above. This voluntary participation is a privilege and not a right. I, the undersigned, understand and acknowledge that I have voluntarily chosen to participate in Burney Access at my own risk. In consideration for City allowing me to participate in Burney Access, I voluntarily agree to release, waive, discharge, and hold harmless the City and its elected officials, officers, employees, and agents from any and all claims of liability arising out of their negligence, or any other act or omission which causes the individual’s illness, injury, death, or damages of any nature in any way connected with my participation in Burney Access.
I further represent and warrant that I am advised of the existence of California Civil Code section 1542, which provides as follows:
A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.
Notwithstanding this provision, this will constitute a full release in accordance with its terms. I knowingly and voluntarily waive the provisions of Section 1542, as well as any other statute, law or rule of similar effect, and acknowledge and agree that this waiver is an essential and material term of this Release.
Burney Access is a special privilege available to customers that meet the following:
- You are an adult (age 18+) with a current Shasta Public Library Card in good standing.
- Customers younger than 18 must be accompanied by an adult with Burney Access.
- Approved Burney Access is not transferrable and is not to be shared with unapproved
- Registered Burney Access customers may not open the library to non-registered
- Burney Access hours are unstaffed.
- Burney Access hours are 8:00 AM – 2:00 PM Monday and 8:00 AM – 11:00 AM & 1:00
PM – 2:00 PM Tuesday – Saturday and are subject to change without notice.
- The exterior and interior of the library are monitored by security cameras.
- Staff areas are prohibited from access.
- I accept responsibility for the space, equipment, and furniture during my access time.
- In case of an emergency, I will call 911.
- The Library reserves the right to update this policy at any time without notice.
- I will adhere to all Library policies. Violation of the Burney Access Agreement or
Library policies may result in the revocation of Burney Access and/or library privileges.
By checking below, I/we acknowledge that I:
- Have read this document and understand that I give up substantial actual or potential rights in order to allow the below-named individual to participate in Burney Access.
- Have voluntarily signed as evidence of acceptance of this Release of Liability and Assumption of All Risk without any inducement or assurance of any nature, with full appreciation of all risks inherent in Burney Access.
- Have no question regarding the scope or intent of this Release of Liability and Assumption of All Risk and I have the right and authority to enter into this Release of Liability and Assumption of All Risk and to bind myself, the individual named below, and any other family member, personal representative, assign, heir, trustee, or guardian to the terms of this Release of Liability and Assumption of All Risk. This is a release of all claims.
I, THE UNDERSIGNED, HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT. I UNDERSTAND THAT IT IS A RELEASE OF ALL CLAIMS, AND I FURTHER UNDERSTAND THAT I AM ASSUMING ALL RISKS INHERENT IN BURNEY ACCESS. I VOLUNTARILY ENTER MY NAME AS EVIDENCE OF MY ACCEPTANCE OF THE AGREEMENT’S PROVISIONS, PARTICIPATION IN BURNEY ACCESS.