Volunteers make generous contributions to Shasta Public Libraries. Without their enthusiasm, hard work, and commitment, many library services would not be possible. Your time, talents, and energy are valued here at the Library.
- Fill out our Online Application
- Or pick up and fill out an application at one of our branches.
- For additional questions, call (530) 245-7260
Adult Volunteer opportunities may include
- Shelving Assistant
- Storytime Assistant
- Shelf Reading Assistant
- Computer Assistant
- Computer Class Instructor
- Computer Class Assistant
- Create It! Space Assistant
- Book Repair/Labeling Assistant
- Adult Literacy Tutor
- Veterans Resource Center Assistant
- And more…
You will be responsible for
- Completing all the necessary training requirements; performing the duties of your job in a positive and professional manner.
- Honoring your time commitment.
- Being considerate and cooperative to complement the efforts of staff and other volunteers.
- Presenting a positive image as a library representative.
You can expect
- To be provided with orientation, training, and proper supervision for the job you accept.
- To be treated as a co-worker and to have respect shown for your opinions.
- To be recognized for your contribution.